Everything You Need to Know About Puppy Care: A Comprehensive Guide
Start your puppy's life on the right paw with these simple care tips.
Puppy Care 101:
Six Essential Aspects to Raising Your Furry Friend
TIPS & TRICKS
Mastering Puppy Nail Trims: Tips and Tricks for Getting Your Pup Comfortable
Every dog needs to have their nails trimmed. So instead of cutting corners like running on concrete, let us help you enjoy mani & pedi time with your pooch.
1. Start early!
2. Handle their paws frequently
3. Use positive reinforcement
4. Practice without cutting anything so they get used to the feel and sound of the tool
5. Take it slow
6. Get help; book in with a professional groomer if you're struggling
From Dread to Delight: Tips to Make Bathing and Grooming Your Puppy Enjoyable
Bath time and going to a groomer is a frequent activity for dogs. So ensuring it's an enjoyable experience is essential.
1. Start early!
2. Positive reinforcement: Praise, treats and toys for good behaviour.
3. Slow and gentle! Have a soft and calm demeanour. Keep them short, gradually increasing the time and intensity.
4. Familiarisation: Allow your puppy to be familiar with brushes and clippers.
5. Bathing: Use lukewarm water and gentle shampoo. Avoid getting water in their eyes and ears.
6. Grooming: Use gentle short strokes when brushing and get them used to grooming appointments early.
7. Regularity: Be consistent with a regular bathing and grooming schedule.
Essential Products for Caring for Your Puppy's Skin, Coat, and Paws
KIT RESTEZ SIMPLE
Manuka Honey Shampoo
Puppies have sensitive skin and require a gentle, puppy-friendly, low-fragrance, free-of-harsh chemical shampoo. Fragrances can be overwhelming for puppies, making the experience a negative one.
Puppies tend to get dirty often; that's why having a Spritz is a quick and easy way to refresh on the go. It is pH-balanced and fragrance-free, so you can use it as often as you like and for all those sensitive areas (butts and intimates, eye discharge, skin folds and beards).
Baume Hydratant à la lavande pour les pattes et le corps
Want puppy paws forever? Keeping paws moisturised and protected with a balm is essential. The Moisture Balm is 100% natural and free from nasty chemicals. Desensitising your puppy to paw massages is essential for future paw-related care (nail trims, inspecting paws, cleaning paws and vet health checks).
THE 'PUPPY SOCIALIZATION PERIOD'
The 'critical socialisation period' for dogs is the first 14 weeks. Having plenty of socialisation and exposure to different environments during this time can help your puppy be a well-adjusted adult dog to other dogs, animals, people and noises.